I was reflecting on the year that has passed and I realised that I have some great memories and also some major decisions / events that happened in 2016! If you would rather watch the video for this than read, click here!
- We bought a Triumph Bonneville! Its my husbands dream bike and we rode on it from Mumbai to Nashik on our 5th Anniversary!
- I attended Type Camp Bharat : Delhi where we made a ‘thing‘! It was an amazing experience! I have always wanted to learn from the super talented Kriti Monga and Type Camp finally gave me the chance to do that!
- We travelled to Tarkarli with our group of friends! The clear waters, the clean beaches and the cute MTDC resort made it a memorable vacation!
- I realised how much my husband loves me and that he is my anchor in turbulent times.
- I took the decision to quit my job on March 31.
- We took a small 3 hr bike ride on the Bonnie with a group of friends and then decided on staycation at one of the premium hotels in the city!
- I quit my job. It was a touch decision but the right one.
- I conducted two Art and Craft Camps for kids aged 5-13yrs! It was the most fun I had had in a long time!
- I started exercising again!
- I saw the musical performance of Beauty & The Beast – the indian adaptation and it filled my heart with joy! I saw it with my mother, father & 80 yr old grandmother – all ardent Disney fans!
- I saw Madhuri Dixit, in person! She was sitting with her family, 10 seats away from me at the same performance! I only wish she hadn’t refused my request for a picture with her. I have worshipped her only since forever!
- Raghav & I had a fun one-day trip with my parents, sister and her kids at a local resort. The games, the trekking before sunset and all the running around helped us make memories that will last a lifetime!
- Raghav started school at my old alma-mater and I couldn’t have been happier!
- We went mango-picking on the farm with the family and kids and had a great picnic!
- We went mango-picking again with the friends and had a blast!
- I started my kathak classes again! I feel like my 14 year self, full of confidence and the sheer joy when I tie my ghungroos!
- Husband and I took a 1 day getaway to celebrate his birthday. We rode the Bonnie for 6hrs in the rain to a lovely boutique resort / hotel. Spent the day at the spa and the rest of the day napping or drying our shoes with the hair dryer [thank god they had those in every room] and then rode 6 hrs in the rain the next day back to Nashik!
- Celebrated Raghav’s 3rd birthday! He still doesn’t eat cake! Got tons of presents!
- Started first freelance design project! Thanks Scott!
- Took a 3 day trip to Lonavala! 10 adults, 8 kids, 5 cars, 3 days and a whole lot of fun!!
- Experienced the worst floods in Nashik in the past 2-3 decades. Waist high water in city areas. Bridges under 6-8 inches of water. 12 inches of water in husbands ground floor office.
- Saw the last fledgling of the Ganorkar clan fly. Little cousin brother left for higher studies in the USA.
- Husband bought a new car! We had it delivered on father-in-law’s birthday!
- Attended a Zentangle session with Lisa!
- Raghav learnt to ride his scooter, the push-with-your-leg-kind and it was amazing to see him zoom around int he society playground!
- Started a blog! Yet again!
- Started 2nd freelance project.
- Turned 30! [yikes!]
- Started a #challenge30by12. Read about it here. And here.
- Had our annual Gauri-Ganapati Festival.
- Travelled to Delhi to visit my sister. First flight for Raghav. First time travelling solo with him. Read some of my tips for traveling with a toddler here. Also watch the video here!
- Started a YouTube channel!
- Celebrated Navratri by doing a social-media campaign for a local saree brand. Donated all fees to Gharkul Parivar Sanstha.
- Started 3rd freelance project!
- Celebrated Diwali without Gayu [Delhi] and Yash[US] for the first time. Was weird.
- Raghav discovered the joys of colouring!
- Raghav started enjoying school.
- Raghav started evening activity class!
- Raghav started drawing monsters. On slates, on papers and in his school notebooks!
- I attended a weekend workshop in Mumbai all about hand-lettering! You can watch my vlog here!
- I finished an amazing book – Make Your Mark: The Creative’s Guide To Building A Business With Impact.Read my review of it here and buy this book here. You can also watch my book review video here!
- Raghav became famous for rolling in the mud!
- Got his first black eye! [Don’t worry! It was all the kids doing masti!]
- Drew his first complex composition of 4 friends around a tree with one plucking an apple!
- Set up my own design studio. More on that later!
- Travelled to Hasimara to visit my sister again! 15hrs travelling to get there. 4 days there. And 15hrs travelling back! Watch my vlog here!
- A butterfly sat on my sling bag for almost a minute!
- Had a brilliant New Year’s Eve celebration with Kuldeep’s school friends!
Let me know how your 2016 was! And incase you haven’t read my resolutions for 2017, read them here!