So, one of my resolutions for the new year was to bake a new dessert every week. Lucky for me, 1st of Jan 2017, was a Sunday! And we also had guests for dinner. I couldn’t have asked for a better start to this resolution. I wanted to make somethings with apples because of 2 reasons.
A) Anything made with apples and cinnamon tastes [and smells] heavenly!
B) We seemed to have a lot of the soft apples in the house that no one was eating and this was a better way to use them than to let them rot!
At first I thought of making an Apple Pie but since I’ve never made it before, I didnt really want to experiment. I wanted somthing simple and easy because I had plenty to do before I even got to the dessert [like home-made paani-puri and ragda-patties along with all the clean-up / set-up]. I looked over the Internet and when I read the recipe for an Apple Crisp, I couldnt believe how simple it was! Even my 9-yr old niece could make this-blindfolded! The crumbs are nice and crunchy and the apple below simply melts in your mouth!
So with a little bit of help from this site, here is the Apple Crisp I made!
- 3 Apples – peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 Cup – maida / all purpose flour
- 1 Cup – regular granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup – regular butter [amul or any other name brand]
- 1 teaspoon – cinnamon powder
Preheat oven to 190 deg C for 10 minutes.
- Grease any baking tin or borosil vessel with butter.
- Lay the apple slices on it.
- In another bowl combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon powder and butter till it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle it all over the apple slices.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes. The top layer of the crumbs should be golden brown.
I served it at the end of dinner with some Vanilla ice cream and it was a hit! So easy and yet so delicious!! Try it out and let me know how you like it!
Please share your suggestions for the remaining desserts!! 1 down, 51 to go!!