As I began to ponder the significance of me turning 30, I also began to look back and think about what I have achieved. Turns out, not much! A chunk of my achievements happened during school and college years. The last 10 years have relatively been uneventful. Unless you count having a child, getting married and getting a masters [not in that order! Thank god, or the society would have a fit!!] as “achievements”. Looking at my peers, not all of them have all three so maybe in some sense those are achievements.
So as I thought about my monstrous challenge of #365sareedays [for details, write to me in the comments section!] I felt that the momentous occasion of turning 30 [eeks!] surely needed something similar. But, after donning sarees day after day for 365 days, I have learnt my lesson that I am in no shape to set myself up for another year long challenge. Instead, I thought, I’d do a series of 12 challenges, 1 one per month. A specific task that I’d perform everyday for a minimum of 30 days. I may or may not continue it for the rest of the year! I begin my first challenge on my birthday, 23rd September. I’m still making a list of 12 challenges, so share you ideas with me and help me make this year a memorable one!
- #challenge1of30by12: hand lettered quote or word
- #challenge2of30by12:Meditate for 20 minutes
- #challenge3of30by12: EMS or Early Morning Selfie [before 6AM]
- #challenge4of30by12: Post 10 pictures of #365sareedays everyday. [And complete the project!!]
- #challenge5of30by12: Write a letter / postcard everyday
- #challenge6of30by12: Doodle everyday
- #challenge7of30by12: Write a short story / poem everyday
So far, I have thought of 7 challenges and I would love your suggestions for the remaining 5! So type away in the comments and let me know all you great ideas!! And the 5 that I actually choose, will get a lil something from me! So get cracking!